Box Sized Hugs - Charity
We support Mind UK.
Box Sized Hugs are proud to support Mind UK with 20% of profits being donated.
Who are Mind UK?
Mind UK believe that no-one should have to face a mental health problem alone. They listen, give support and advice, and fight your corner when you need it most.
Every year, one in four of us will experience a mental health problem. But hundreds or thousands are still struggling every day. Suicide is still the leading cause of deaths for under 35’s so it is now more important than ever to make a change.
Mental Health Information and Support:
Receiving supportive and reliable information when you’re experiencing a mental health problem can change your life. That is what Mind UK does. They empower people to understand their condition and that they are not alone. They deliver choices through:
- An Infoline that offers callers confidential help.
- A Legal Line which provides information on mental health related law to the public, service users, family members/carers, mental health professionals and mental health advocates.
- Award-winning website and publications
Mind UK’s Goals:
- Staying well: Supporting people likely to develop mental health problems, to stay well.
- Empowering choices: To empower people who experience a mental health problem to make informed choices about how they live and recover.
- Improving services and support: Ensure people get the right services and support at the right time to help their recovery and enable them to live with their mental health problem.
- Enabling social participation: Open the doors to people with experience of mental health problems participating fully in society.
- Removing inequality of opportunity: Gain equality of treatment for people who experience both mental health and other forms of discrimination.
- Organisational excellence: Make the most of our assets by building a culture of excellence.
Mind UK’s Values:
Open - We reach out to anyone who needs us.
Together - We’re all stronger in partnerships
Responsive - We listen, we act.
Independent - We speak out fearlessly.
Unstoppable - We never give up.