A Change Is Coming...
A change is coming....
Covid 19 - the global pandemic which has altered every single one of our lives in one way or another. Rewind 365 days as the country entered in to its first lockdown, little did we know what was to come.
March 2020; reports of Covid-19 started to become a regular occurrence on our TV screens, as the story of coronavirus had begun. As it took over, we all learned to adapt to a completely different type of 'normal', rules were put in place as the pandemic started to touch every single aspect of our way of living...and in response to the global outbreak, our livelihoods changed.
March 23rd, 2020; Our lives were put on hold as lockdown life began. An uncertain and scary time was beginning to take shape. As we began spending more time inside, it was more important than ever to stay connected, inspired, healthy and motivated.
Fast forward to the present day, throw another couple of lockdowns into the mix, and here we are... on the road to a new beginning.
Although the pandemic has had massive impacts on businesses, the economy, travel, lifestyle, mental health, and wellbeing, there are also so many positives that can be taken away from a year of uncertainty. Families have become closer, businesses have learned to adapt, entrepreneurs have started new ventures and many have changed their outlook on self-image, using lockdown as a way to make a change.
COVID-19 has been a stark reminder that health and wellness are more important than ever. Although we might be on the road to recovery, many of our daily routines remain restricted, and as lockdown eases gradually, looking after our mental health is just as important as when we first entered lockdown. For some even the happy, much-anticipated changes and re-adjustment can be difficult. What we've learned over the past year, we should most certainly carry forward with us as we adjust back to normality. So, with that being said, below we've pulled together a list of some of our favourite tips/tricks and great ways for staying positive and motivated:
- Making healthy choices wherever possible, eating a variety of fruit and vegetables regularly will help with your overall nutrition.
- Cook fresh and try making new foods/baking cakes.
- Exercise, and why not try a new type of exercise you haven't before - keep the happy endorphins flowing.
- Go for a walk, get some fresh air and get outside as much as possible.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water to keep your body feeling good.
- Stay connected with friends/families, enjoy zoom calls/facetime calls and have a drink or play a game together online.
- Get plenty of sleep, keep your body well-rested.
- Read a new book or lose yourself in one of your faves.
- Keep a routine where possible - a new routine can easily throw you off, just take it slow and at your own pace.
- Listen to positive podcasts or some of your favourite music to make you feel uplifted.
- Continue to learn new skills or rediscover an old one, something that can be used to keep your mind busy - maybe think of a way this can be used in your day-to-day life after lockdown lifts.
- Talk to people about the way you're feeling / your worries, it's ok to open up or maybe you could start a diary.
- Listen to your body and mind and take each day as it comes.
- Finally, and most importantly, remember to be kind to yourselves.
Being apart from our loved ones at the moment is hard, and that’s why letterbox gifts are a unique and special way to send a gift straight to their front door. That’s why here at Box Sized Hugs we’ve created some gorgeous gift boxes so you can stay connected with friends, families and loved ones, even when you're far apart. Being able to send a gift from afar which is filled with little treats, is the perfect way to show you care. By knowing you’ve lifted the mood of someone else can also have psychological lift on you as well, and make you feel generous and valuable, leading to a positive outcome on your mental-health. The giver receives just as much satisfaction as the recipient. Our boxes have been prepared with love and sealed with kindness because we truly care for both sender and receiver.
We hope you might have found some of the above tips/tricks helpful, maybe give some a go, and see how it makes you feel.
Take care and stay safe x